This year, the Island Men will be awarding five $2,000 dollar scholarships to individuals in our area who are attending an accredited program of higher education or trade school. The Island Men have awarded a total of $17,000 in scholarships to date.
- Current local resident of Pleasure Island or surrounding area south of St Vincent Drive. See Map
- Open to graduating high school seniors or undergraduates currently attending a post-secondary or trade school
- Enrolled or currently attending an eligible, accredited institution by May 1st 2023
- Submit application online by May 1st 2023
Applicants are required to provide the following information and will be required to provide supporting documentation if selected. Knowingly supplying any false information on this application will be grounds for disqualification.
- Name & Email Address
- Current Home Address
- Phone Number
- High School attending or attended
- College, University, Trade School or Apprenticeship Program attending
- Most recent unweighted cumulative GPA
- Military Service
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) Expected Family Contribution (EFC)
- Work experience, Volunteer experience or extracurricular activities
- Single page Essay as doc, docx or pdf
The Island Men is an organization dedicated to volunteerism. Our mission is to raise money that supports local charities and strengthen our community through participation in local civic, educational, and athletic activities that enhance the quality of life in our community. Describe in approximately one page the importance of volunteering and/or community service and how you plan to make this an integral part of your long-term goals and vision for your future.
Scholarship Selection Process
- Applications must be submitted by May 1st 2023
- Winners are selected based on anonymized applications by May 11th 2023. Winners will be required to provide additional supporting documentation (transcripts, FASFA, military documentation, identification, etc). Failure to provide appropriate documentation could be grounds for disqualification.
- The Island Men will determine in their sole discretion a candidate’s qualified eligibility and all scholarship awards